Adventure Travellers Eno and Davidson

Adventure Travellers Eno and Davidson

Welcome to Europe's Other Tour

Join us as we cover 4 countries in 3 weeks:
England (London)
France
Stage 17 of the Tour de France
Switzerland
Italy (Cinque Terre & Tuscany)

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hauts-Cotes-de-Beaune

Hello friends,

And so this afternoon in Beaune finds me with a perfect Beaune wine buzz with which to describe the surroundings. Let's see...yesterday, we 'hired' des velos (bikes) and headed out of town on a bit of a wine tasting tour. The 2à-ish km loop route took us to Chorey-Les-Beaunes, Aloxe Corton, and Pernot Vergalasse. Suffice it to say, we tasted our fill; bought a few bottles as well--some to drink on our way and some to bring home to share. Pretty great day all in all--des degustations magnifiques, du paysage formidable, et tout au velo. I did have to slum it sans toe clips on a hybrid with a handlebar bag, but hey, the bottles wouldn't have fit in jersey pockets anyhow.


















Today is day two in Beaune and it being Saturday, we took in the morning market. This seemed to be endless--definitely what our markets at home are trying to emulate.



After a lunch of wares for the market, we went underground at 'Marché au Vins' in Beaune. Here I'll give a big shout out to Mom and Dad - you wouldn't believe it - so authentic - such good wine - beyond beyond...



And that has brought me here to this 6€ per hour computer hoping to make it to our 20:00 reservation at Relais de Madelaine for a four course dinner. I think I can, I think I can...Yup, life's pretty tough right now.

Tommorrow we'll wave good bye to Beaune and it's wines and make for Yverdon and Lac Neuchatel, Switzerland where Selena lived for a year as an aupere and soccer phenom. Should be fun! Check us out in a couple of days and keep the comments comin' in--special thanks to those who have commented so far.

Onward,

S n' S

PS Ricardo Ricco is a nob - but Mark Cavendish, Christain Vendevelde, and their teams (Team Columbia and Garmin-Chipolte make the Tour still worth watching and, for the record, I predicted that Team Saulnier-Duval Scott was doped a few days ago, so they didn't suck me in. If either Columbia or Garmin test negative, I'm out!

Peace (I hate French keyboards - I'm just sayin')

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Didn't get to comment on the video (thanks, had the song in my head for hours), but I actually just sat down at the keyboard with a glass of wine myself, so I feel very one with the Eno's/Davidson's.

Totally lovin' the posts. Keep 'em coming!

Ztoobwfj! (the word verifcation of the day)

Anonymous said...

HI Guys:
I went to Deep Cove fishing macheral with barry W. today. We left at 4:00am. I caught 6 all day.
Barry got a picnic hamper full. It was fun.
We had sun there all day and Dad had thunder, lightening and rain here in Greenfield.
You guys are having a fantastic trip it seems.
Dad just seen all your pictures. He says the tractor was a Landini.
Like our front-in loader tractor.
Take care.Love Dad and Mom
P.S. Chris is going to send you guys a comment after I give him a call to fill him in on how to do it. Ihope I can do it.

Anonymous said...

Hello Shane & Selena, wow you are truly having a great time and entertaining all of us at home!!
Pictures are fantastic and I guess we'll have to take your word for it that the wine is "BEYOND". You are the second ENO through Hyde Park. Love Mom & Dad

Le Godbold said...

Don't drink too much wine now. We wouldn't want your running and cycling to be affected. Ok. I'll stop there because somehow, today's mountain biking around the ol' railroad tracks surrounding New Germany, as good as it was, just doesn't measure up to cycling around French wine country. Tomorrow, I'll have to head to Newburne and cycle past the Lunenburg County Winery and hope not to get run down by an ATV. Any ATVs around there?